Lake Mills

The Evangelical Lutheran Synod congregation in Lake Mills dates back to 1865. The Rev. T.A. Torgerson began pastoral work in the area known as “Pleasant Valley” which is near where Lake Mills would later be located.

Services were held in private homes and schoolhouses for many years. The congregation then made plans to build a church in Lake Mills.

The church was dedicated to the Glory of God on June 30, 1895.

It is now part of a 5-point Parish, which includes Lime Creek, Somber, First Shell Rock and Immanuel Lutheran Churches.